You are Making an Impact as a Leader
According to www.dictionary.com, the origin of the word “impact” comes from the Latin word impingere, which means “to push against.”
The online dictionary has three definitions of impact that relate directly to the concept of leadership impact:
1) “influence; effect,”
2) “the force exerted by a new idea, concept, technology, or ideology,” and
3) “the power of making a strong, immediate impression.”
Maybe you are one of the pharmacy interns graduating on 17 November. Maybe you have been working for years. Maybe you are highly successful. Maybe you are considering a career change. Maybe you have had a health scare, experienced a loss or become a parent.... and your perspective has changed.
Whether you see yourself as a leader or not, you are having an impact on the world. Your every breath, every movement, every word, every interaction, and every thought have an impact on something or someone else.
As leaders of our community, our homes, our businesses, and our teams at work, it is our mindset which makes the biggest impact. It starts with our mindset, because our mindset affects our behaviour which affects our results. Positive results usually mean you have a positive mindset and positive behaviours. Unpleasant results usually are a result of your limited mindset and behaviours. Often when things go awry, we want to place the blame on others. But really it starts with us.
What kinds of impact are you making as a leader in your life?
Click on the image to learn more about the 12-Month LEAD Online Mastermind Programme for Pharmacy Professionals
The Leadership Module began live on Wed 9th Nov 2016 with "Your Leadership Impact". The recording is now available to members. The live Implementation Call is tomorrow night. This is your last chance to join this module, which isn't scheduled again until Feb 2018.
The first month's topic is "The Pharmacy Leader’s Journey: From Mindset to Impact"
During these online masterclasses you will gain great insights into…
- How to shift and shape your mindset to become a powerful, dynamic leader…
- How to set and accomplish meaningful goals …
- How to have a greater impact on your world and get the results you REALLY want…
- How to inspire others to be their very best and become strong leaders too…
- How to collaborate with other strong leaders who share the same passions as you…
- And all this in just the first month of the LEAD Programme!